Thursday, July 16, 2009

Maleah's turning 5, and Jaden's turning 2...on the same day! So what do we do?

CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!

We celebrated Maleah and Jaden's birthdays this past Saturday. Their actual birthday isn't until the 18th, but Justin has to go BACK to Maryland on the 18th (for a week or so?), so we had it early. Maleah is IN LOVE with Hello Kitty right now, and since it is her 5th birthday, we decided not to do a joint themed party (like a luau, or beach party like we originally planned). So Hello Kitty and Mod Monkey it was! And we had a GREAT time! we had a pinata (big hit! No pun intended, especially since it was a pull string one! GREAT idea!)Jaden is all about efficiency...here he's opening ONE present, while trying out another!This little lady was ALL smiles, ALL day. At one point (before the pool) she did have her hair done. Oh well, that smile makes it all ok!The super duper yummy cakes (from my FAVE store and cake bakery, Market of Choice) The monkey cake was poppy seed with raspberry filling and cream cheese frosting (can you say YUM!?!?!), Maleah's cake was ALL chocolate, and the middle cake is all vanilla. I kinda got worried about not having enough! That's what happens when you get NO RSVPs from people...what has the world come to? sheesh...Jaden blew out his candles too quickly...he really wanted that monkey toy from the top! ;)

Everyone had a great time, the kids got SO many gifts (even though when asked what they needed/wanted, I let everyone know gifts weren't necessary!) Everyone was very generous! :) It's nice to know I still have almost a full year 'till the next one, though!

3 comments:

Leah's fun said...

I'm so sorry that I missed this day!!! I love you and miss you so much. Next year we'll have a party for 3, Maleah, Jaden, and Mama.
I love the pictures.
I'll be there to see you all in a few weeks

love love

Jennifer said...

I wish I had been there! We could have celebrated Emily's too. Hard to believe your babies are 5 & 2!!! Crazy! I wish I could get my cake from a good american bakery if I wanted to. I like boxed cake but I think really good bakery's are popping up everywhere in the states and I want to order stuff from them! Is Maleah's hair short? It's adorable! She looks like Leah! Give those babies a hug for me:)

Sasha said...

mom-We missed you, too! But next year it'll be great! ;)
Jenny- No, Maleah's hair is just back in a ponytail, and her "growing out" bangs keep falling forward!