Tuesday, May 26, 2009

aaaah, the warmth....

We have really been enjoying the weather! It's been super warm, which means it's just perfect for water play with the cousins!!! My kids seem to have evolved into fish! I don't recall Maleah ever being so keen on the water, even in nastily hot Kuwait. Very exciting, let me tell you! It's going to be a GOOD summer!




This past weekend was a whole lot of fun! Friday night, I took the kiddos to my best buddy Jahred's house for their first campout! Maleah slept in a tent for the first time and LOVED it! Jaden, well, he slept in the house in his porta crib, with the window open so we could hear him. It was just a tad too cold for the little man to have the full experience yet! Saturday we joined our friends and their families for a bbq at their house. Maleah spent the entire couple of hours running, jumping and rolling with a great 7 year old little lady. Unfortunately, I was too busy following Jaden to take pics! Sunday was a family bbq at my inlaw's house. Again, lots of kids! It was great, but again, no pics of Maleah (she wouldn't even sit still long enough to eat!) Aaaah, the energy of youth. And to round out the fun, food, family and friend packed weekend, I had a bbq at my house on Memorial day. I think I ate an entire farm worth of fruit and green salad this weekend! Yet another reason I LOVE this time of year. Now if that cool evening breeze would stay around!
The boys gettin' in to the water baloons at Nana and Papa's house.

Maleah relaxing after a long day of water and fun in the sun!
Perfect ending to a perfect weekend! Strawberry shortcake! mmmmmm
Shortcake face!
Cheeks full of shortcake, and super sleepy eyes!
And a look at what's growing around the house,other than the kids!

My primroses are still hangin' on!
I LOVE my fuschias!!
Berries are turning pink!
And getting big!
The only pic I took all weekend of the great food we had! mmmmm

8 comments:

Corinnea said...

Glad to know that it was a wonderful weekend for ya'll over there too! Those kids are growing like, well, like your garden, beautifully and quickly!

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

Sasha, I love your pictures. Does Justin have access to a computer to see your cute blog and keep up with his kids or is he missing out?

Jennifer said...

I wish the girls were there to play with your kids! I miss you all:)

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

Sasha, your mom told me you checked out "The number 1 Ladies Detective Agency"--I'm feeling the pressure to please so I hope you like the book. P.S. if you don't like the book, fake that you do like it so that your mom will still read it!

Anonymous said...

I just love seeing the kids having so much fun, I just miss having that fun with you all.

Mama

Leah's fun said...

I have a blogg spot. I just don't know what to do with it. Help!!!

Katelyn R. said...

YAY!! You won my fabric! Email me your address please! Katelyn_reeves@hotmail.com

pearlswirl said...

This looks like the epitome of summer fun in the sun! Soo glad your babies had a good time. I looove that little wacky strawberry so much better than the regularly-shaped commercial ones from the store. And that top... lovely fabric combo!!! :)