Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

This morning I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. My hubby didn't remember to tell me happy mother's day, AND he's really far away, AND I didn't have my mom around AND... then I figured out why it really IS a happy mother's day for me, and I have NO reason to feel sorry for myself.

These two! These little ones are the reason I breathe, the reason I get out of bed every morning, even when I want to just pull the covers over my head and never get up. The are my sunshine on a rainy day, the wind that lifts my spirits. They are my world! Yes, there are times I just want to run and hide, change my name to something OTHER than mommy for 5 minutes, scream at the tops of my lungs. But they are so fun. So smart. So funny. So full of life, and love, and energy. And they are mine. Forever! And for that, I am a happy happy mommy, and it's a happy happy day!
This happy day we spent at a local farm. It was a lot of fun! We saw some animals, played on the playground, "mined" for gemstones, ate ice cream, and just enjoyed being together.

















aaaand, a pic of the giant fuschia plant from my kiddos. I LOVE it! :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

the plant is gorgeous and huge! what a nice present to receive. I had to tell jon at 5pm that it was mother's day.....I did go sew at the store earlier so I did have a nice day:)Uninterrupted sewing...

I'm glad you have those gorgeous babies to make you happy.

Anonymous said...

You found the right way to look at things. I love you and think your a great mother. take a min every day to be good to you!!!
Love you 4-ever
Mom

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

I loved the mothers day pix--especially of the kids sharing ice cream cones. Lucky you to have kids with great taste in plants--my kids made me an ashtray and I don't even smoke!:)