Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Random tidbits of life right now...

And I DO mean random! No rhyme or reason, just, things!

I decided to make guacamole the other day (and strawberry freezer jelly...mmm!), and it was GOOOOOOD!!! A few of the ingredients...


He did NOT like the avacado! :) But he thought the food processor was HILARIOUS!!!! See his neck bulging, he's laughing SO hard he sounded like he was crying! Kids are so silly sometimes!


and, voila! No, wait, guac is not french. Y, aqui esta! Ok, so guacamole doesn't make the most beautiful portrait, but hey...it was GOOOOOOD!!! Yes, I know, I already said that, but really, you would have to try it. But, I ate it all! ;)
This is one of the baby shower invites I said I'd post pictures of ages ago! The mommy to be LOVED them, and that made my day.
(sorry for the crappy lighting....)
Here's my J boy, who put his shirt on ALL by himself (upside down, yes, but it's ON!). No laughing at the pull up. We were given these pull ups, which we don't normally use, but he's super into the potty right now, so he's nixed the diaper idea. He was wearing underwear but then decided to go commando. On this day, the issue of pee on the floor, not so nice...so there ya go! He settled for the pull up, because it has Cars (the Disney movie) on it.
The other day at Michaels (oh my, how obsessed I am with that darn store!), I picked up the coolest little plastic lap tables for the kids. This is them playing with Jaden's blue one. They're great! They can sit on the floor with them, and there are little "cubbies" on the side for their toys/drawing stuff/whaever suits their fancy. Maleah's is pink (of course! IS there any other color in the world? Oh yeah, red. ) and is usually covered with a puzzle. And my little Me-squeek, super cheesin'! :)


Justin should be home in about a week or so. I'm so excited! It's just been frustrating because they're still not sure exactly when they'll be done (he's one of just a couple guys left on the job, and another guy is leaving this Thursday) but the daily rumor for today is that they'll be done next Wednesday. Then the issue is whether he's driving or flying home (I'm all for him flying!! Gets him here much faster!!!) so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for that, and something else exciting for today, that I'm not yet spilling the beans about, because I don't wanna have to spread the bummer news if it doesn't come out well. Just know you should be wishing me positive vibes, good luck, and all that jazz. :-D
Photos of my hubby spending father's day in Washington D.C. Lucky guy!!
This post is dedicated to our backyard buddy. <3<3<3

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I want to know the positive news! I'm happy to hear that Justin will be howm soon:)And of course the kids are gorgeous! I cna't beleive how big they are getting! Potty training???? He was just born!

pearlswirl said...

Good luck! I'm an expert at sending out positive vibes!!

Anonymous said...

I'm in ther know, and the vibes are going to all the time for you and the kids, but here comes some more. Love you