Sunday, July 13, 2008

my nudist in training... and three little steps

Ok, so I was looking back over my older posts, and realized you probably all think I don't dress my daughter. Honestly, I DO! She does NOT like to keep clothes on her little body! Well, other than when she layers up for winter in 112 degree weather like a couple posts ago! :) But, she had those clothes off within about a half an hour.

Seriously, the only time I can keep clothes on her is if we are away from hom. Even then I think she's itching to get home and get those clothes OFF. She takes her hair out of how ever I do it when we're out. I think this is her version of stripping in public.

We're having a birthday party for the kids this coming Friday, and I'm hoping she'll keep her clothes on for that! I'm not holding my breath, though. She usually has her clothes of within an hour or so whenever we have friends over. I'm sure a couple extra people won't make her shy. Heck, she will even go to the door when we answer it, run past us and the person at the door to run around our hallway in circles in just her underwear. I think we're going to have to start gluing her clothes on.

Yes, my little nudist in training...

She did NOT learn this habit from me!!!!

Here's a pic from (ALMOST!) a year ago now. My goodness, time flies! I can't believe she's gonna be 4! She's been such an amazing big sissy this past year. :)

OH! Speaking of flying time, Jaden took some more steps today, without me coaxing him! I was sitting on his floor in his room, and he used me to stand up, and I scooted back, but didn't say a word, and he stepped towards me! After sitting down for a sec again, he stood back up and took 2 steps! The best thing was how he laughed after he did it! It's like he was so excited and proud of himself. He's getting SO big! I know, there are so many kiddos who walk well before they're one, but I'm ok with my kids doing their thing when they get to it! I'm still super excited for all his firsts, whenever they may happen! Ok, well, as long as he's walking by the time he starts school, we're good. hehehe! Yikes! My baby man is almost one!

4 comments:

Jenny Bean said...

I had three that wanted to be as naked as possible at home. Sierra is almost seven and would still prefer to be in her underwear. I am going to a birthday party on Saturday...Emily's party. I can't believe SHE will be three. Here's the thing though. I have a 14 (15 in nov), 9 (ten in august), and 6 (7 in nov) year old. I am amazed EVERY time I look at them. where did my babies go?

kms handmade said...

Well, Ethan is a bit obsessive about having his clothes ON. He won't even go to bed if he doesn't have full pjs on. In fact, he hates shorts and short sleeved shirts. I have to force him to wear short sleeved shirts in the summer, and forget shorts. If he has jeans to choose that's what he's wearing. And don't even get me started about his obsession with socks...

He started walking at 10 months and we were SO not ready. Trust me... you're fine to let them do their thing when they do it!

Seattle dude said...

cute kiddos!

Albert Giesbrecht said...
This comment has been removed by the author.