Friday, June 19, 2009

mmmm......

Today we went to Lone Pine farms (the same local farm where we went for mother's day) to pick our own strawberries. Funny, but it wasn't just Maleah and Jaden's first time, but mine, too! We had a great time, and got some super yummy berries!
I think he may have picked one berry, but had a great time nonetheless!

She picked an entire half of a bucket to herself! She was very selective with hers!
The berry taster. They must have been good!

Gotta find JUST the right one!
I think Jaden had more interest in entertaining his best buddy Aiden (and trying to share berries!)


We got lots of sweets! Not just berries, but candy sticks, and flavored honey tubes! We're gonna have to take it slow, since I alone have already just about made myself sick on fresh berries! I may look up a recipe for making freezer jam, so all the yumminess doesn't go to waste!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I bet emily would like that..except if there is bugs. Then we'd all have bad time:) Just curious...how does a farm like that work? Do you pay after you get the berries or before? Love the photos and of course your babies are so stinkn cute!

Sasha said...

you know, we didn't even see one bug! Which in a way concerns me, because they must be using some *good* pesticide...ugg! When we got there, they gave us buckets, and when we were done they charge $4.50 for half a bucket, or $9 for a full bucket. We got lucky, Maleah had picked half, and I picked a full, and they only charged us for a full! woo hoo!! Thanks for the photo/baby love! :)

Margaret said...

Strawberry freezer jam is sooo good. It really tastes like strawberries. The kids are getting so big! I love Maleah's braids. I can't wait till Keara's hair is that long.